VXDiagshop.com offers the guide to VXDiag VCX NANO Ford Escape 3.0L 4V gasoline PCM programming with IDS.
Before PCM programming, we need to check the VIN.
Here are the steps of checking the VIN:
- Click “Start New Session”>>“All Other”, and it’s gonna do establish communication to PCM.
- When the screen shows “Is the vehicle fitted with a factory installed navigation system, choose “Not equipped” and “tick”.
- The screen shows the information of vehicle specification. The information is correct, so click “Yes”.
- When the screen shows your VIN, you’re gonna validate your VIN yourself by checking onto the door area.
- And it’s giving you the full VIN down here.
Here are the steps of module programming:
- Click “Module Programming”>>“Module Reprogramming”>>“PCM”.
- Check the info. of the VIN. The VIN is correct, so click“Yes”.
- The screen shows “No later calibration is available for this PCM”, that means that we’re good on PCM, so choose “tick”.
- Go to “Module Reprogramming” again, and choose “IC”. Then we can see that “No later calibration is available for the IC”, and that means that we’re good on IC, so choose “tick”.
- Go to “Module Reprogramming” and choose “PSCM”. Then we can see that “A later calibration is available”, then click “Yes”.
- Choose “Tick” to look on the network for the required calibration file.
- When the screen shows “The module you are about to program has multiple internal memory locations. During programming, you may see multiple bar graphs indicating the programming sequence of each memory location. Please do not disconnect any cables or turn the ignition off unless instructed to do so by the diagnostic tester”, choose “Tick”.
- Set ignition switch to off (Position 0).
- Set the ignition switch to on.
- Now, we can see that calibration has been loaded and checked.