BMW Diagnostic Tool BMW ICOM Next, ICOM NANO or VXDIAG VCX SE BMW ICOM? Check brief comparison below:
1. ICOM Nano
ICOM NANO is the new diagnostic unit for BMW. It’s wireless. Very small size.
Support E series with INPA, F series and G series diagnostic with E-sys.
Can’t connect to a hotspot like ICOM NEXT
Just available alone on a separate Wifi
NcsExpert not connected
only for diagnosing, it risky for programming
F series is Only available for body coding.
After all, there was a reason why ICOM NEXT was expensive.
2. BMW ICOM Next
ICOM Next Benefits:
1. Wireless diagnosis connection
2. Ease of use in a shop with multiple active connections
3. Self-hosted DHCP server for ethernet programming
There are different ICOM next clone multiplexers on the aftermarket. All high-quality ICOM Next clones are discontinued due to a lack of chips. Only the ICOM Next using VXDIAG solution is available. So it is a VXDIAG BMW with ICOM Next case indeed. Let’s move to VXDIAG ICOM.
For those with the VCX DoIP:
No need for DHCP server or router, it’s build in.
– WiFi, LAN, USB, Type C to USB, DoNET remote multiple connection ways
– Firmware update is available via VXManager.
– For connection with ista-p you need to download BMW ptt driver from VXDiag, start Pass-Thru app in VXManager and emulate by loading dll. Make sure its set to SAEJ2534
– For connection with ista-d you need to set connect via icom/ethernet local network in ista settings.
If your license is valid you can also use cloud software
– For connection E-sys sometimes ZGW is not detected on first try, select connect via icom/ethernet tcp://<icom ip adress>:50160 than close connection. Now ZGW is available and connection can be made via vin or gateway url.
We have made a comparison between ICOM Next and VCX SE before: