The DoNet remote diagnosis mode only requires a single client VCX device to realize multi-brand original software direct connection to remote vehicle diagnosis. This article introduces the steps of using DoNet remote diagnosis with VXdiag VCX device i.e VXDIAG VCX SE (vcx se pro, vcx se bmw, vcx se jlr, vcx se benz). Same procedure goes to vcx doip series.
If don’t have Wechat, follow DoNET setting via phone explorer directly here.
- Prepare the computer with original software.
- Confirm that the latest VXManager client software and the original diagnostic driver have been installed.
- Confirm that the computer has a stable and fast network connection (wired network connection is recommended).
- Connect the VCX device to the vehicle.
- Confirm that the vehicle is powered by a stable power source.
- Confirm that the device has stable and fast network connection (wired network connection is recommended).
- Follow the official account
Scan the QR code or open WeChat to search for ” DoNet 远程诊断平台” and follow.
Click [智能诊断] to enter the remote diagnosis platform.
- Configure user information
User information needs to be configured for the first use. Please fill in the mobile phone number to facilitate contact between you and VXDIAG engineer.
- Bind Device
The VCX device serial number needs to be bound for the first use.
- Configure Device Network
For remote diagnosis, the device needs to be connected to the Internet, and click [Configure Device Network].
Select the device network connection method and follow the on-screen guide to complete the network configuration.
There are several methods to connect:
Wired network connection
Wireless network connection
Mobile hotspot network connection
1) Just simple click on “Next” and follow the on-screen guide to complete Hotspot configuration.
Please connect VCI to vehicle or power supply.
2) Open [Settings -Wifi -Hotspot], Turn on Hotspot and set the name and password as: DiagOnNet.
3) Press the button (Fn) for 3 seconds to enter NetConfig mode, wait about 30 seconds to hear the buzzer, then the network is successfully connected.
Configure wired network connection:
1). Make sure that the VXIDAG VCI is connected to the vehicle or the power supply and it works properly.
2). Use a USB TYPE-C to RJ-45 network port cable to connect the device, and then use a CAT-6 network cable to connect the device to the router.
3). Press the Fn button of the device for 2 seconds to enter the network configuration mode, and wait for about 30 seconds until you hear the device buzzer “beep” to complete the network configuration.
*Please ensure that the Internet connection is stable and fast, when the network speed delay is less than 100ms,it is recommended to choose the wired network first.
- Configure network connection successfully
After the device is successfully connected to the Internet, the home page will display information including the device serial number, voltage, network, and speed.
- Share [Remote ID]
Click on [Remote ID] to copy the ID and send it to the server, and wait for the server to start remote.
Next is VX Manager operation
- Open the VX Manager device management software and click on “Remote”.
- View remote device information
Input the correct [Remote ID] and click [Refresh Device], you can see that the client device has been connected normally.
- Connect to the remote device
Click [Connect Device] to start to establish a remote connection.
- The remote connection is successful
After the remote connection is successful, the VX Manager software will automatically restart, and you can see that the device information has been read through the DoNET remote interface.
- Start remote diagnosis
After the remote connection is successful, you can use the original software for remote diagnosis, coding, programming and other operations.
After the diagnosis is completed, you need to click [Disconnect] on the [Remote Diagnosis] page to release the remote device.