Brief instructions for coding Mercedes W205 and other cars in similar bodies using DTS Monaco. Encodings, seed key and variant coding, MED40 coding and disable start/stop W205.
Everything you do is at your own risk.
DTS Monaco comes with software hdd
SMR-D files for connection (taken from Xentry) here.
Disable start/stop in W205
1. Turn on the ignition. Launch DTS Monaco
select Temporary workspace
2. Select the SMR-D file from the list, depending on which module you want to connect to. in our case, MED40.
3. Remove the module from the car. In the Diagnostic service tab, we find the Security Access line, find the Request seed key line in the list, click on the Transmit button. We get the key, which we enter in SeedCalc.
4. Run SeedCalc. At the top, select MED40CNG_med40_sec_new_00_00_00.
5. In the “SEED” field, enter the values obtained from the Request seed key at the previous stage. Click “Generate”. Copy the first 8 characters (all except 00 00 00 00).
6. Go to DTS Monaco. Select the line Send Key Variantcoding. On the right, in the “Send key” field (highlighted in green), paste the data received from SeedCalc.
6.1. Click on the Transmit button. If the code is correct, then below it will be “ acknowledged ”.
IMPORTANT! If, when sending a seed code, the Response State is marked in red and written not acknowledged, then you need to select another module option in SeedCalc and calculate the code again. The unlock code changes after each entry. Those. if the unlock code did not fit, then you need to select Request seed key again and insert new values into SeedCalc.
7. If everything is successful at this stage, then go to the “Variant coding” tab. In the ECU selection menu, find MED40 and click “Connect”. Scroll down, find the desired line and change to “Last mode”. Then click on Do Coding! In this way, you can change the speed limiter and in general everything that is in the MED40.
8. After you have done the encoding, you need to return to the Diagnostic service, select Hard reset and click Transmit.
Now start / stop remembers the last position and does not turn on automatically when switching between sport-eco-comfort modes and does not turn on when starting the car. Those. the start-stop system is in the state it was in before the engine was turned off.
The same logic encodes all other modules that support variant encoding.